June 28 – August 1
As people made in the image of God, we are created to create! We enjoyed a summer study of parables, and a chance to get creative with them. Each week had a theme, and by the end we explored four stories that Jesus told. Weekly opportunities included:
- A Story – We heard it in worship, and again from some familiar storytellers.
- An Art Idea – We learned from some of the artists in our congregation, as they shared ways to respond creatively using materials you have around the house.
- A Mission Project – We loved our neighbors in a concrete way as we collected art and summer fun supplies for BeLoved Asheville.
- A Family Activity – We grew our faith as a family with some mostly-unplugged ideas.
- A Song – We learned a new one each week.
- Our 30 minute Zoom Gatherings were designed for children and families but they were all intergenerational, which was great!
Click below to see the activities, videos and other ideas for each week of Arts Camp!
- Week One: The Story of Creation
- Week Two: The Parable of the Lost Sheep
- Week Three: The Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Week Four: The Parable of the Leaven
- Week Five: The Parable of the Great Pearl